1854 Copper Nickel Pattern
R. Tettenhorst (1990)
Scanned Page: 200
A very large group of material related to the 1854 Copper-Nickel Pattern Half Cent. Tett spent many years collecting and researching this coin, culminating in an article published in Penny-Wise in 1990 and a presentation on the information at EAC in 1990. The items include:
1) Many historical articles, auction sales, and price lists related to this coin.
2) The x-ray spectra analysis of coins from 1975 and 1987.
3) The return of the Copper-Nickel Pattern to Stack’s in 1975 and their refund after the analysis showed it was not a Copper-Nickel coin.
4) Several handwritten followed by typed and annotated drafts of the Penny-Wise articles.
5) Correspondence about the articles with Harry Salyards, Dave Bowers, Roger Cohen and others.
6) The actual articles as published.
7) Several letters from EAC members discussing his article.
8) The talk given at the EAC Convention.
9) Information relating to the exhibit at the convention of the Copper-Nickel Pattern (labels for the cases, photos, etc).