David Lisot Video Library (2002)
The originator of the PDS System of cataloging minting varieties explains some of the basic rules for identifying PDS; planchet, die & striking varieties. In this video with slides you will see and learn about:
* The PDS system and early attempts to organize this information
* History of coin dies and their development
* All the things that can go wrong striking a coin
* Three classes of minting varieties that include errors, intentional changes, and wear & tear
* Examples of all kinds of varieties such as recut dies, clips, off-centers, hub doubling, mintmarks over mintmarks, laminations, strike throughs, cuds, die breaks and more
Great slides presented by one of the most famous people in numismatics. Speaker(s): Alan Herbert.