David Lisot Video Library (2007)
"Coin World" editor Beth Deisher is one of the best- informed observers of the U.S. coin market. This time she turns her attention to the headline grabbing Ohio Coin Fund Scandal. Who was involved? What happened to the $50+ million investment? How did the liquidation of these coins impact the market? Get the answers in Beth Deisher's fact-filled program.
This lecture only presentation includes:
* how Beth was called by Tom Noe and informed about a breaking news story in the Toledo Blade newspaper about Tom and his business
* Noe's political background with the state of Ohio
* difficulty of getting information about the rare coin fund from the government
* the confiscation of Noe's records and files by Federal officials from his coin shop
* details of the agreement that created of the Ohio Rare Coin Fund
* companies and coin dealers involved
* how during the trial it was revealed that records had been falsified, phony invoices created, and inventories fabricated
* Noe's conviction of 25 felonies and 4 misdemeanors that lead to his sentencing to 18 years in prison
* comparison of the performance of the other investment funds for the state of Ohio
* that the story is still unfolding
Speaker(s): Beth Deisher.