David Lisot Video Library (2007)
Chuck is a recognized expert on the early copper coinage of the United States. He is a frequent lecturer at coin meetings and shows across America. Chuck's program includes a detailed history of the Colonial issues and early large and half cents.
This lecture-with-slides includes:
* examples of the pre-Federal issues of 1783-1791
* the first issues to say "cent" and "e pluribus unum"
* token issues including those later overstruck by the US government
* the large cents of 1793 including the chain, wreath, and Liberty cap
* an explanation and examples of the evolution of the Liberty design and the men who created them
* design changes in 1808 and 1816
* examples of proof only issues and their scarcity
* half cents and their design changes and rarity
Speaker(s): Charles "Chuck" Heck.