David Lisot Video Library (2007)
How does a person display a collection of coins they have assembled over time? Today there are many different books and albums to accomplish this task. Although coin collecting has existed for centuries is was not until the 20th century that the first display boards were created.
Noted author, speaker and coin grader David Lange shares his collecting passion for these early boards used to display coins. In this video lecture presentation with PowerPoint you will see and learn:
* the difficulty with displaying and storing a coin collection prior to 1930
* how the first coin collecting display boards were created by Joseph Kent Post in 1934 and how they helped promote the hobby overall
* about the different companies and personalities that competed to capture the collector market
* examples of the different boards from the different manufacturers, their designs, availability and rarity
* what is involved in building a collection of these items
* the story of the book written by David that features these unusual numismatic items
Speaker(s): David W. Lange.