An English colonial silver coin issued by the African Company on the Gold Coast in 1796. This piece has on the obverse g. r. in script, crowned, and on the reverse the armorial shield of the company, with the crest of an elephant above. Its value was one eighth of the Ackey (q.v.).
Source: Frey's Dictionary (American Journal of Numismatics, Vol. 50, 1916)