A billon and copper coin minted in Cagliari (Cerde�a, Italy) from the end of the 1400s until the start of the 1800s. The first coins of this type were by Fernando II of Arag�n (1479-1516). Also struck were coins of 1/2, 2, 3 and 6 cagliaresi. The denomination continued under non-Spanish rulers until the 1820s.
Source: Numiscadero Spanish to English Glossary (Gary Beals)