||Transcription of manufacturer's text: The U.S. Treasury is located upon one of the Government Reservations in the City of the Washington, D.C., 27 feet above the level of the Potomac river. The corner-stone of the original building (which was of brick, with stone foundations) was laid in 179[?] and the building completed in 1799. It was partially destroyed by fire in 1801, but immediately repaired. It was totally destroyed by fire, August, 1814, at the invasion of the British. Rebuilding was commenced in 1817, and completed in 1823. It was again destroyed by fire, March 29, 1833. Designs for a new building (which constitutes the eastern front of the present structure) were prepared by Mr. Robert Mills, of South Carolina, Architect. Work was commenced in 1835, and completed in 1839. The material used was sandstone from Virginia. The extension of the building was commenced in October, 1855, Mr. Thomas U. Walters, Architect. Granite, from Dix Island, off the coast of Maine, was the material adopted. The south wing was completed in 1860, the west wing in 1864, and the north wing in 1869. The entire length of the building proper is 520 feet 1 inch; to the end of the steps, 560 feet; and the greatest depth 272 feet 9 inches. The entire area covered by the building is 142,320 superficial feet. In the north wing is an elegant room, 70x32 feet, and 32 feet high, finished entirely in marble; probably the finest room in America. It is used as the cashroom of the Treasurer of the United States. The cost of the entire building is about $6,650,000. Photographed and Published by BELL & BRO, No. 319 (old No. 480) Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C. Entered according to an act of Congress. A.D. 1870 by F.H. BELL in the District Court of the District of Columbia. Handwritten 10 in top-left corner.